Triage in Medisch Kwartier
In our GP practice we apply triage. Triage can be achieved to ensure that a patiënt is properly taken care of at the right time (urgency) and by the appropriate care provider (medical assistant / GP / nurse).The goal is to make the practice work efficiently and maintain quality of care. The medical assistant is (like the general practitioner) obliged to confidentially deal with your information.
If you call for an appointment, the medical assistant will ask for the reason of your call. The medical assistant is not going to diagnose. He or she only needs to know a few things to help you as well as possible. Once the medical assistant knows what is best for you, she will make you a proposal.
There are various possibilities:
- The medical assistant gives you an advice. This advice is always discussed with the GP.
- The MA makes an appointment at the GP’s telephone consulting hour.
- The MA makes an appointment on the telephone consulting hour of the nurse.
- The MA makes an appointment for a consultation with the GP.
- The MA makes an appointment for a consultation with the nurse.
- The MA makes an appointment for a consultation with the medical assistant.
- The MA makes an appointment for a visit.
If the situation is not urgent, the medical assistant will sometimes make the suggestion for a sonsultation later in the week. If needed you will be seen on the same day, but this might nog be with the doctor of your first choice.If there is more than one problem to discuss, the medical assistent will schedule extra time (double appointment).
To do this properly, the medical assistent needs to be able to assess your question/problem. This is done on the base of carefully developed protocols. Our medical assistants have followed the necessary supplementary courses.